Queensland Budget Outlines Commitment to the Gold Coast
Burleigh MP Michael Hart is pleased to see the Gold Coast receive its share of funding for a number of projects neglected under the former Labor Government.
Notably, the following funding arrangements have been reached from this budget for Burleigh and the Gold Coast:
· $964M for the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Services
· $5.454M for new accommodation at Miami State High School
· $2.152M to complete construction of 10 dwellings of public housing
· $760,000 for projects at Fleay’s Wildlife Park including an upgrade of the visitor centre
· $26M initial funding for the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games 2018
· $10.4M of operating grants for child safety, disability services and social inclusion programs
· $3M to continue the delivery of the Gold Coast police helicopter service
“This has been a tough budget with the hard decisions being made to get this state back on track. Despite that I think Burleigh has fared reasonable well” He said.
The Newman Government is focused on economic growth, rebuilding Queensland and making our communities more resilient. By working together we are ensuring Queensland remains a great State with great opportunity.
[ENDS] 4 June 2013