Member for Burleigh Michael Hart has welcomed the allocation of $127,775.14 for seven local Burleigh community groups under the latest State Government funding round.
More than $11 million has been provided across Queensland through the Gambling Community Benefit Fund and the Jupiters Casino Community Benefit Fund.
Mr Hart said organisations in the Burleigh electorate which received funding included:
- The Burleigh Community Men’s Shed Inc, $33,249.45, for the purchase of equipment and power tools,
- The Anglican Parish of Burleigh Heads, $3,363.64, for the purchase of a ride-on lawn mower,
- Burleigh Point Outrigger Canoe Club Incorporate, $41,995.23, to purchase sports equipment (Jupiters Casino Community Benefit Fund).
- The Alleygators Baseball Club Inc, $8,450.00, for a kitchen installation,
- PHAM 3 Burleigh AFTERCARE, $16,990.00, to conduct transition plus program,
- Pregnancy and Family Support Association Gold Coast Inc, $11,181.82, for the purchase of IT equipment and computer desks,
Retired OnLine Inc who have received, $12,545, towards purchasing IT Equipment
“Groups like these are the lifeblood of our community and it is great to be able to support them financially,” Mr Hart said.
“Our community groups will now be provided with more modern facilities and equipment which will benefit our local area and local residents.”
“The grant program provides much needed funds for community groups to help them deliver better services and activities which make our communities better places.
“The grants are designed for approved not-for-profit organisations to help provide services or programs which benefit the community and are not intended to replace existing sources of support for these organisations.”
Funding under these grant programs is allocated quarterly.
The majority of Queensland not-for-profit community organisations are eligible to apply, either in their own right (if incorporated) or through a sponsor (if not incorporated).
Information on the State Government grants can be found at: http://www.qld.gov.au/services/grants/